- Download the driver from http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?searchString=XFiDrv_Linux. or directly from shell: wget http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/10530/0xE84AB36F/XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz
The latest is version 1.18
- Extract the tar.gz file from your build folder:
tar zxvf XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz
This will extract all files to XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18
- cd to the XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18/drivers
- Try to do make (gotta be a root). It will cause some errors (the errors don't appear on the screen. They are logged in /var/log/creative-installer.log and need root access to see it). We can open another window/shell and just type: sudo tail -f /var/log/creative-installer.log to see what's going on.
- OK, now we're about to fix these problems. First, just typ: ./configure
- Don't do make yet. We need to modify some files.
- edit file LinuxSys.c: vi src/ossrv/LinuxSys.c Goto line 648 and replace SA_SHIRQ with IRQF_SHARED (Kernel 2.6.22 has told us that it was going to deprecate it although still defines it, but in kernel 2.6.25 this SA_SHIRQ is now gone!)
- Add the following line after line 33:
- Add the following lines after line 37:
#include <asm-generic/fcntl.h> // otherwise, some MACROS are undefined
- Compile with the following command: sudo make KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 or modify (temporarily!) file /usr/src/linux/scripts/Makefile.build and comment out statements around line 46 as below:
- Edit file in drivers/ctsound and change the order to:#endif
drivers="ctossrv emupia ctsfman haxfi ctalsa ct20xut ctexfifx cthwiut"
- Install it: sudo make install
#include <linux/fs.h> // for definitions of filp_*
#$(error CFLAGS was changed in "$(kbuild-file)". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS)