Sunday, September 18, 2005

Tweaking Linksys Router (Part 2)

OK, now I have upgraded my router's firmware to this fancy firmware: v4.70.6_Hyperwrt-2.1b1-(Thibor). Unfortunately, after looking around on the menus, I still could not found the wireless bridge feature. But, there is a cool feature there: telnet!

I then enabled telnet daemon and telnet into it. Do you know what's inside? Linux!! Wow, Linksys uses Linux for its router products!!. I then checked some stuff there. Pretty cool! Allright, maybe my next hacking project is how to hack the source code (it's available on linksys.com page, under GPL download). The source code is really huge, it is more than 100 MB even after zipped! Perhaps there are some binary firmwares inside it. I'll check it out later and report it on this blog once I am done checking out this amazing product.

(PS: I now highly recommend people to buy Linksys routers. I used to suggest people not to buy Linksys routers as their products relatively more expensive. But now, it is really worth it to invest a little bit for the really big thing you will get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment